IMPRESSIONS: A Perfect 10 Feast at Resorts World Manila
IMPRESSIONS Restaurant Manager, Dennis Dy and Executive Chef, Cyrille Soenen
IMPRESSIONS got a PERFECT 10 rating from the prestigious Asian Dining Critic - Asia Tatler Dining
Aside from earning a spot in the 2012-2013 edition of the premier fine dining Miele guide, an equally world-class food critic also gave a perfect rating for Impressions. To celebrate Impressions's Perfect 10 rating, Chef Cyrille is presenting the "Perfect 10 Feast" which will feature all 10 bestsellers in a special degustation menu. Get the chance to experience this amazing once in a lifetime deal at Php 2,000 from October 15 - November 15, 2012 only.
While anticipating the most awaited dinner, I started with my favorite walnut bread. We were then given a complimentary white wine (so delicious) and an amuse-bouche of asparagus spear with herring caviar and truffle mousse (perfect to get the appetite going).
Salmon Duo | Crab Salad
Impressions's Trio Appetizer Sampler
- Crab with Romaine Salad, Celery, Green Beans and Green Apples Tossed in Truffle Mayonnaise Dressing (Very light in flavor paired with the crunchy texture of the greens and apple)
- Duo of Salmon “Demi Deuil” : Marinated Salmon with Truffle Sauce and Smoked Salmon with Herring Caviar, Green Pea Hummus (Definitely a crowd-pleaser)
- Beef Carpaccio, Arugula Salad with Parmesan Cheese and Dijonnaise Sauce (I would order this again and again and again)
Duck Liver Terrine
Pan-seared Foie Gras
Foie Gras Salad - we just can't get enough!
- Terrine of Duck Liver Medoc with Mesclun Salad and Beetroot Foam
- Duck Liver Terrine de Foie Gras de Canard, Grilled Eel
- Seared and Lacquered Duck Liver, (ripe and green) Mango Rougail Roll in a Crepe with Plum Sauce (My personal pick. Distinctive peking duck flavor was achieved in this exemplary foie gras salad)
Veal Sweetbread | Steamed Codfish
Main Entrées (yes, that's two so better save room for these)
- Veal Sweetbread with Truffle Risotto and Porcini in Parsley Cream Sauce (Did you know that the sweetbread is one of the most valued part of a cattle?! Gotta try this one to know why)
- Steamed Cod Fish, Crumble of Chorizo with Ginger and Lemongrass Emulsion
Mignardises - hazelnut chocolate, passionfruit pastilles, orange macarons
Oooh, we got a plate of Impressions treats before our main dessert. What?! Dessert before a dessert? YES!!! There were a bit more pastilles before I took this photo. I wonder where they went? *burp*
Heavenly Impressions Desserts
- Strawberry/Mixed Berry Tiramisu (Best I've had -- ever!)
- Dark Chocolate Soufflé with Coconut Crème Anglaise
Dark Chocolate Souffle
Impressions's chocolate souffle was to die for. Even Karmina De Ungria, PR Supervisor at Resorts World Manila, exclaimed: "Excuse my french (no pun intended, for the french chef who made it possible), but the souffle was orgasmic!"
Do not let the moment pass. Call Impressions now to book a table and experience the PERFECT 10 FEAST :)
Yours truly with Impressions's executive chef, Cyrille Soenen
WHEN IN MANILA, let the charismatic Chef Cyrille impress you with an exquisite "perfect 10" dinner with beautifully plated food, splendid ambiance topped with a lovely service and a smile.
Impressions's romantic setting with a 2,000 capacity wine cellar
IMPRESSIONS French Restaurant
3rd level, Maxims Hotel
Resorts World Manila
Contact Number: 908-8883
Sunday Brunch: 11:00am–3:00pm | 6:00 pm-12:00 mn (dinner ala carte)