Monday, March 24, 2008

Flowering Amaryllis




After YEARS of waiting, my Amaryllis plant has finally bloomed!!!!

I don't mind if it was just 1 flower..

I was ecstatic to see my Amaryllis bloom!

the color was bright and vivid.

I first saw the Amaryllis plant way back in college (that was like 9 years ago) and I fell in love at once!

So I bought one and left it as is.

I figured that it needed some fertilizer so I bought fertilizers for the soil and for flowering plants as well, but to my dismay, nothing happened.

After a few months, I noticed that there were a few leaves coming out beside my plant and that was when I realized that my Amaryllis plant was multiplying.

I took out some of the smaller Amaryllis bulbs and placed them in a different pot container.
However, they never bloomed as well. Hihihihi

So I thought that maybe it will never bloom anyway and left my plants outside the window.
I never watered the plants and relied on the rain and sun to take care of them :p

and then one day after so many years...

I saw a tiny stalk coming out from the mother bulb and that was when I was sure that it's flowering... AT LONG LAST!!!

I was keeping watch every day until the day my Amaryllis finally opened its petals in full swing..

I LOVE IT!!!!

I wish I don't have to wait years again to watch it bloom.


Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

About the Author

My Photo

JoTan is a Foodie, Travel Enthusiast & she lives her everyday life as if it was the last.

 "IT'S FOR THE EXPERIENCE" -- this is what she always tell people when she wants to do something FUN like Mountain Climbing, Rappelling on a Hanging Bridge (which was not determined if it was in good condition since it was a really old PNR Bridge), Eating Beef Liver SASHIMI (yes, the raw one) and even Jumping off the Plane at 15,000 feet.

She also loves to share the new things she learned, her adventures and other personal encounters through this blog :) 

Send me a message:♥ jotan23@yahoo.com